Monday, October 27, 2008

A quick post on Monday

It's been such a busy day today that I don't have much time to post, so this will be boring. Fair warning! Up at 6:15, shower, breakfast at 7:00 with much gab in Spanish, then class from 8:00 to 10:00. Then out to the Mercado for more "out and about" Spanish with one of the instructors. Then back to the school for lunch (SUPER Mexican food, home cooked), then class from 1:15 to 3:15. And now time for study, a rest, a walk or whatever -- looks like it may rain this evening, but it will be a soft rain, and refreshing. The time changed this weekend, so everyone is confused about that and getting times wrong. Two of the students got up an hour early this morning and wondered where everyone was. Not me, I was sawing logs. My brain is fried from having to think in Spanish for the majority of the day, and certainly whenever one goes out, as hardly anyone here speaks English -- but after all, that's what I'm here for! What a great city, though, all it's said to be, and more. No lack of anything to do, that's for sure, it is bursting with life and color. At the Mercado I bought a little "Dia de Los Muertos" figure, a drunk skeleton smoking a cigarette and wearing a serape and a cowboy hat, with a bottle beer at his feet -- hard to describe, but it's cute -- cost 15 pesos, about $1.20. Also bought 5 little skulls of dulce de leche for 3 pesos each, yum! They're so fresh and soft, unlike the stuff at home .... am embarrassed to say I ate all of them, and before dinner too, for shame! That's about it for today -- am going to rest, study a little, then go out to look for some kind of dinner, I suppose - -the "real" meal, El Comida, is in the middle of the day, so the "cena" isn't much. Just a light something or other to get you through the night. Today was laundry day, so YAY, I get a sack of clean clothes tomorrow! Estoy tan feliz! I'm off for now, but I promise a better post and possibly some more pictures tomorrow.

No comments: